AgroLON™ - Nylon (PA6) Agricultural Line
AgroLon is ideal for trellising requirements in vineyards, fruit orchards and hops. AgroLon is a high tensile Polyamide Nylon (PA6) and due to its larger 4 mm diameter, it also makes it the perfect line for greenhouse shade systems, netting installations and protective fencing. AgroLon can stretch up to 23%, as compared to only 14% for polyester (PET).
- Polyamide material has tremendous “memory” properties, meaning when compared and stretched versus Polyester, Polyamide will rebound back to its original shape more easily. Also important for heavy loads of vineyard vines, hops and orchard trees.
- 10+ years duration in normal conditions
- 7 times lighter than steel wire making it easier to work with and less expensive to ship
- Resistance to different weather conditions. Does not absorb water
- Uses standard wire fasteners and tools for installation and tensioning
- Can be used with any type of post (wood, cement, metal, etc.)
- Friendly manageable material that does not kink
- Will not corrode
- Smooth to touch product, no burrs or sharp edges
- UV and saltwater resistant
- Resistant to fertilizers, fungicides & pesticide
- Will not conduct electricity
- Friendly to use with mechanized harvesting. Limits transfer of vibration downstream unlike metal wire.