AgroPET - Polyester (PET) Agricultural Line
AgroPET is a high quality – low cost alternative to galvanized wires. AgroPET is made up of polyester filament with high tenacity due to its mechanical properties. It has many uses in agriculture where we see it replacing wire in many applications including trellising, roofing and shading for greenhouses, fencing, netting installations and drip line support.
In the production of AgroPET, select raw material is used to provide a high quality product which exhibits superior strength and durability. An anti-UV additive is added to the product which protects and extends the life of the filament in all weather conditions and climates.
- High tensile strength
- Low stretch
- Permanent Tension: Does not require maintenance or retensioning
- 10+ years duration in normal conditions
- 7 times lighter than steel wire making it easier to work with and less expensive to ship
- Resistance to different weather conditions. Does not absorb water
- Uses standard wire fasteners and tools for installation and tensioning
- Can be used with any type of post (wood, cement, metal, etc.)
- Friendly manageable material that does not kink
- Will not corrode
- Smooth to touch product, no burrs or sharp edges
- UV and saltwater resistant
- Resistant to fertilizers, fungicides & pesticide
- Will not conduct electricity
- Friendly to use with mechanized harvesting. Limits transfer of vibration downstream unlike metal wire.